On tirsdag 7. august 2018 14.14.56 CEST Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 07, 2018 at 11:46:12AM +0200, Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
> > I've spend a bit of time writing a script that monitors gerrit and the git
> > repositories to update JIRA statuses. It's not quite done yet, but getting
> > there.
>
> so why exactly are you doing this after i implied in
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTQAINFRA-171 that you should have a
> look at
> https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/admin/repos/plugins/hooks-jira ?
> did your investigation reveal that it's unsalvagably bad?

I guess it could work, it can close issues, but it doesn't have any idea about
versions. I just looked at the code now.

> after the elusive gerrit upgrade (hey, we finally have someone assigned
> to that now (!)), either script based solution will be obsoleted by
> deploying
> https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/admin/repos/plugins/its-jira
> anyway.

I was not aware of/forgot that comment. I am also unsure if I want to wait for
that gerrit update to manifest.
I'd really like to get the fix version set, so that we can generate change
logs more easily when it comes to fixed issues for each release.

Cheers,
Frederik