> > Unlucky me. Deprecation of these two components literally broke every
> > application I have ever written using Qt. I hope they will have new
> > maintainers some day.
>
> Note I said QtXml is deprecated, but it might actually be in Done state. I
> don't remember. Does anyone? Where's our authoritative source?
>
> The difference between Done and Deprecated is whether we're telling you to
> start porting code away.

Heck, yes, that would be a big difference.

Documentation says about Qt Xml "not actively maintained anymore"… whatever
that means.

I heared about "deprecated" and, well, not deprecated. I had no idea there is
such a state
like "Done".

I could live with "Done". But a "deprecated" component makes me lamenting when
I relied on
it.

Is there some document describing the states and their meaning? Is there a
component/state
table where we could lookup the specific states?

--
Best Regards,
Bernhard Lindner