From: Laszlo Agocs <laszlo.ag...@qt.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2020 5:26 PM
To: KDAB Mike Krus; Konstantin Tokarev
Cc: Konstantin Shegunov; Jaroslaw Kobus; development@qt-project.org
Subject: RE: [Development] Moving math3d classes from GUI to CORE

> Indeed, getting some of the SSE work from Qt 3D into Gui could be useful as
> well.

> When it comes to 3rd party solutions, the graphics stack would most likely be
> fine and happy with using glm (and so math3d could just go away), but that
> would mean pulling in more 3rd party dependencies, which is not necessarily
> ideal either. (in any case, that's a topic to be discussed separately)

> And yes, Eigen is probably a good example of something Qt should not be
> pretending to be competing with.

So it looks like there is a need to have something like Eigen in Qt, at least
for Qt 3D purposes (faster, better optimized classes, more complete API).
So either we use it directly (this option is rather not possible, looking at
the previous feedback: licensing issues, big codebase, etc...) or we start
developing it in Qt.
Yeah, definitely a topic for a separate discussion :) And there is a good time
now for this discussion I guess.

Just my 2 cents.

Jarek