On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 1:01 PM ekke <e...@ekkes-corner.org> wrote:

> Am 28.01.20 um 11:14 schrieb coroberti .:

> >> I see a couple of issues here. Firstly, 100k/year *turnover* isn't a small
> >> business, that's a nano-company (i.e. 1-2 devs max) and if they're
> >> providing a device alongside the software that 100k is going to be eaten
> >> in no time. Notice we are not talking profit here, but raw revenue.
> >> Whoever from sales came up with that number, really did a botched up job
> >> with it. On that note, even if we accept that it's applicable, the
> >> straightforward math shows you want to bill 0.5% - 2.5% of the total
> >> turnover, so while this sounds good initially it really isn't that shiny
> >> when you crunch the numbers. That offering is stillborn from my point of
> >> view.
> > Agree with Konstantin that the definition of a small business isn't
> > realistic.
> > The realistic one is up to 5 developers and up 500k/year USD sales.

> > So, hello, Qt-company, and consider to make something really friendly
> > for small businesses ...
>
> +1 Konstantin and coroberti
>
> I'm only a single mobile app developer and for me it is ok with 100k and
> $499/year
>
> but I know many developers from small businesses (2-5 devs) and it's
> really not realistic to think they have less 100k sales total per year ;-)
>
> coroberti's idea (up 500k sales per year) covers the target (StartUp,
> Small Business) much better and is something making it easier to
> motivate mobile app devs to use Qt instead of Flutter, Xamarin, React or so.
>
> please rethink your definition of StartUp / SmallBusiness to make this
> license a success for Qt
>
> ekke

Thanks, Ekke,

And several more params not to miss for a small license:

- think how to be customer friendly and not red tape;
- charge once a year or monthly - by user selection;
- provide a guarantee of not increasing charges for least for 5 years;
- provide guarantee of not changing the model for a while.

Perhaps, this is not your major market, but you can really get some income here.
At the end of the day, you are not providing support and all your income
is a pure profit unless you screw matters and push people out.

Kind regards,
Robert