Am 12/4/23 um 20:34 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
>> Can we have a more descriptive name than "interface"?
>>
>> Neither QNetworkInterface nor QDBusInterface belong there, therefore
>> there must be a constraint of some sort.

Dominik Holland (5 December 2023 10:03) replied:
> The Qt Interface Framework is a module which already exists
> (https://doc.qt.io/QtInterfaceFramework) that's what the Reference
> APIs are based on.

That doesn't change the fact that the name is rather generic (and leads
to the prefix qtif, which might be mistaken for a reference to an image
format, tiff); and the module seems to be about middleware, so perhaps
Qt Middleware Interface Framework would be a more apt name, or maybe
even just Qt Middleware Framework.  I don't know what this module's
history is, or whether it's previously had its name scrutinised for
compatibility with the rest of the Qt framework, but the fact that
you're asking to add it to qt-labs makes this a moment when such
scrutiny naturally arises.

        Eddy.