On Tuesday, 5 December 2023 08:54:29 PST Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Then why are you asking for a repository if it's already there? When was
> that module approved by the Qt Project? I can't find anything in the email
> archives.
>
> The first commit in this repository is "First version of the QtGeniviExtras
> module". When was it renamed and who approved it?

This module was requested at
https://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2015-August/022859.html

There were no objections. Tuukka said it's a good idea to have the modules
even if they aren't part of the released packages:

> I think it is fine to create the requested repo for new module. Depending on
> the need it can then either be included or not be included in the release
> packages.

That would explain why this isn't in the qt5.git/.gitmodules.

But I said:

> I am, however, questioning the design of the API that Dominik presented.

There have been zero other discussions of "genivi" since then
https://www.google.com/search?q=genivi+site%253Ahttps%253A%252F%252Flists.qt-project.org%252Fpipermail%252Fdevelopment%252F

I don't know what kind of API reviews have been done since. But there has been
no discussion about renaming this module. Therefore, the name it is currently
using is unauthorised and does not imply a precedent.

-1 on this new module with this name.