Hi,

one of the documented limitations of qmlcachegen is that it cannot
properly compile code that is using Qt Quick Controls. The
recommendation here is to specify a style at compile time by directly
importing it. This recommendation may be fine for some projects, but for
us in KDE it poses a problem. For our applications we are maintaining
two different styles that get used in different environments.

We have qqc2-desktop-style (which is a bridge to QStyle) for desktop
platforms and qqc2-breeze-style (a standalone style mimicking the Breeze
QStyle) for mobile platforms. Therefore we cannot hardcode one
particular style on an application level.

Furthermore we are developing various QML-based library components where
we do not want to assume that the user of the API is using a particular
style.

This means that we are currently missing out on a lot of optimization
from qmlcachegen, making for a very unsatisfying situation when moving
to more modern QML practices.

I'd like to ask about possible ways forward so that we can fully benefit
from qmlcachegen while keeping the ability to have different QQC2 styles.

Cheers

Nico