Oliver Grawert [2016-09-23 19:33 +0200]:
> > Pi box since it always change with my router after reflash new image.
> >
> this is sadly one of the drawbacks of the new netplan tool ...
> it sends the machine ID alongside with the MAC address to the dhcp
> server when obtaining the IP for the first time ... since on a freshly
> flashed board this ID is newly generated it kind of forcefully changes
> the IP with every re-flash.

FTR, it currently uses /etc/machine-id as DHCP identifier (DUID) as
that's in line with moving to location-based network names -- a lot of
USB network devices don't have a stable MAC, or the devices themselves
may change. But it's just a config option, we can also use the MAC
address as DUID.

Martin