Has anyone tried to grab some traces (tcpdump) of this in action?  A
dump of it working and a dump of it not working could be very
enlightening.  You need to install tcpdump (rpm -Uvh
ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/redhat/6.2/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/tcpdump-
3.4-19.i386.rpm) then run the following command from the SME console:

tcpdump -x -s 1500 -w dhcpfubar.dump port 67

I could not find a specific build of tcpdump on rpmfind.net for RH7.0,
but the one for RH6.2 (tcpdump-3.4-19.i386.rpm) worked fine on my SME
5.1 box.  It is real hard finding much specific for 7.0, seems RH is
disavowing that 7.0 ever existed ;)

The above command will produce a raw dump file that can then be
analyzed with a myriad of tools (ethereal is a fine one).  You can do
a quick check on the file with a "tcpdump -r dhcpfubar.dump" and you
should see the ugly tcpdump analysis of the packets.

I know if you send them to me, I will take a peek ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).  I
am guessing that Mitel might also appreciate them (can't speak for
them) in these kinds of cases.  Traces go worlds beyond verbal
descriptions of problems, particularly when they cannot be easily
reproduced in the lab.

Just a thought.

JP