Am Mittwoch 29 April 2009 12:38:15 schrieb xor:
> We're in 2009 and graphical IDEs ought to be able to do the revision
> control, if that does not work then the wrong revision control system or
> IDE is being used. It is really not like revision control is something
> new, it has to be possible with GUI, it's been there for ages!

I'm currently walking the opposite direction: I find myself using TortoiseHG
more and more instead of Mercurial at the command line, and I find that I am
far more productive that way.

Partial commits are far more efficient, when you can just select the hunks
graphically, and a quick look at the history graph makes the log become much
clearer in an instant.

A GUI has the advantage, that it uses more of the perception and interaction
capabilities of its user. Most of us are visually oriented, and our visual
processing capability is far higher than our text processing.

Best wishes,
Arne

   - singing a part of the history of free software -
              http://infinite-hands.draketo.de