gh...@hushmail.com skrev:
> Using the current wininstaller (FreenetInstaller-1210), I installed
> into Windows 7 x64 Build 7100. Installed java as prompted (x32).
> Install went very well. The uninstaller leaves user 'Freenet' and I
> updated my open ticket(bug) with these results.

Your bug at https://bugs.freenetproject.org/view.php?id=3113 is a
duplicate of https://bugs.freenetproject.org/view.php?id=3080 ;).

But you are correct. The issue has been discussed a couple of times
already. The problem is that there is no easy/proper way of deleting the
user folder. For some reason, Windows does not provide an easy way of
doing this. Googling the issue will reveal that many people have
stumbled upon this problem before us. At the moment, we include a
third-party tool that correctly deletes the profile folder on Windows XP
and earlier. We haven't yet found one that works for Vista as well.

 > Freenet found that I had Chrome installed and used it, even though
 > it was not my default browser.    Bug/Feature?

That is actually a feature :). The launcher has a prioritized list of
browsers it will look for, and use if found. Chrome is a lot more secure
than IE (for example) and supports incognito mode, hence it is higher
prioritized.

Maybe we should inform the user of this in someway. Hmm...

- Zero3