On Saturday, 23. May 2009 02:20:23 Clément wrote:
> > > A always seeable (sorry for new words...) button 'Shutdown the node'
> > >  and 'Restart the node'
> >
> > You want to encourage people to shut down? IMHO the best way to do that
> > is with a system tray icon.
>
> Hum, in all application you can always exit the application in one click. I
> know freenet needs people to run it as long as they can, but hidding the
> shutdown button is not a solution (we don't want to force them to run
> freenet, do we ? ;) )

Why not just add a pause button to the ones on the start page?

The stop and restart buttons currently are on the first page.

But maybe all these options could be moved to a "manage your node" or
"maintenance" page.

Configuration, Statistics and Reachability could also go there.

As addition: I think up- and downloads should be called up- and downloads -
regardless of how queuey they are :)
Then they should also have a "download key" field like the one on the start
page. It could differ from teh one on teh start page by always downloading to
the download folder.

Best wishes,
Arne

   - singing a part of the history of free software -
              http://infinite-hands.draketo.de