On Sep 21, 2009, at 4:09 AM, Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A few years back I wrote freenet-cards which you can give your
> friends so they
> can easily check your node-ref.
>
> For a long time these lived only on a freesite, but I just pushed
> them on a
> normal website to help spread freenet.
>
> -> http://freenetcard.draketo.de/
>
> Please use them as you see fit.
>
> Best wishes,
> Arne

I really like the *idea*, but I wish it were easier to implement. It
would be a pain to enter that huge noderef by hand.

We have anonymous connection logic (ala opennet), so I don't see why
we couldn't just have something like this to pass to people:

freenet://192.168.0.128:4567/14/xYaEue344

IP, port, noderef#, and a hash of the contents of the noderef #.

Couldn't we then fetch the noderef from the given ip with very-good
certainty and forgo the long references?

I guess this presumes the ip & port number stay static long enough to
be useful.

--
Robert Hailey