Arne Babenhauserheide пишет:
> Am Dienstag, 22. September 2009 21:32:36 schrieb Robert Hailey:
>>> -> http://freenetcard.draketo.de/
>
>> I really like the *idea*, but I wish it were easier to implement. It
>> would be a pain to enter that huge noderef by hand.
>> freenet://192.168.0.128:4567/14/xYaEue344
>> Couldn't we then fetch the noderef from the given ip with very-good
>> certainty and forgo the long references?
>
> Couldn't every freenet node create a freesite with only the noderef?
>
> Then we'd just have to hand out the public key to that freesite, if we want
> connect to people who already use opennet.
>
> A missing piece would still be a shorthand, though: A way to shorten the huge
> freenet URL to something we can actually type - like your URL, but as a
> freenet link.
>
> And even if it's a freenet link, we might be able to reduce its complexity by
> devising an alternate representation - for example splitting the link into 6
> pieces.
>
> Currently an URL looks like this:
> - http://127.0.0.1:8888/u...@wptde7h1dshd1shsl-j5loyyha8nx3oje5yhusnt7ra,-
> iyrzP61KoWdQDK2omI7GgV~65mwGfWtDnbi1uzp0xc,AQACAAE/freenet-cards/11/
>
> We could make it a nicer node identity like this:
>
> wptdE7H1DsHd1SH
> sL-J5LoyYha8Nx3
> oje5yhusNT7rA,
>
> -iyrzP61KoWdQDK
> 2omI7GgV~65mwGf
> WtDnbi1uzp0xc,
>
> AQACAAE
>
> This is still kinda long, but doesn't look as horrible.
>
> But we would have a huge list of sites which have to be kept online.
>
> Or we could go the route of i2p and create a pseudo-DNS, where nodes can
> register their node-ref. Something like freemail, maybe (though I don't know
> how secure that is internally).
>
> Using IP+port doesn't look viable for me, though, because in Germany almost
> noone has a stable IP. The only way I see for that would be dyndns.
>
> Best wishes,
> Arne

There was a proposal more than a couple of years ago to create poems for the
node reference. In fact there were two source-ready versions posted on this
list. They would be way too long to put on a business card, but could be given
on a sheet of paper, and then retyped (must easier than to type the key).

           - Volodya

--
http://freedom.libsyn.com/     Echo of Freedom, Radical Podcast
http://www.freedomporn.org/    Freedom Porn, anarchist and activist smut

  "None of us are free until all of us are free."    ~ Mihail Bakunin