Am Dienstag, 26. Januar 2010 21:34:47 schrieb Clément Vollet:
> last one is six months old); and by news, I don't mean a news about a
> switch of server like I suggested above, but news about the life of the
> project (development, new plugins, tech stuff, etc.). Maybe the users
> won't understand all of that, but that's ok, it means the project is still
> alive (and don't expect users to read the ml ;).

Maybe you could do something like the Month of the Hurd, I write for the Hurd
project:

- http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/news.html

Its quite painless (about 1 to 2 hours per month) and doesn't require superb
writing skills or similar, since I can just use a template I wrote to not have
to think about structure every month:

A month of the Hurd: **, ** and **.

> This month …
>
> Also …
>
> Mainly thanks to …
>
> Additionally …
>
> And …

Since then, the Hurd seems to slowly shed its image of "never being finished".
My principle on what I write in the news is

- “This is what we accomplished this month” and
- “only write about stuff people can check (for example in a code repository) -
and provide a link”.

I hope this idea helps getting “a month of freenet” or similar going.

Best wishes,
Arne

   - singing a part of the history of free software -
              http://infinite-hands.draketo.de