On Wednesday 14 Dec 2011 18:15:42 David ‘Bombe’ Roden wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> > Ummm, I was expecting you to create a tree and make a test build?
>
> I’m not quite sure how to respond to this as I have received NO INFORMATION
> WHATSOEVER about what “make a test build” actually entails. Do we have a
> build
> environment on remote hardware or do we simply build on local machines? Is
> there some special script? Does anything have to be signed, and with what
> key(s)? What about installers, for Windows and the headless one? How to put
> it
> somewhere other people can get it from? Do we have some announcement system
> on
> the website? Should news about updates go there at all? What about access to
> the GitHub repositories?

You agreed to assemble a tree of stuff to test.

That's the first step.

It involves a git repository, not necessarily the main one, which you asked to
be removed from. It involves branching from fred-staging/master and then
merging patches into said repository. That's the first step, which you said you
would do.