- Nicolas Hernandez

> *
>> Concerning GWT*:
>> *If all devs and the leader of http://goo.gl/QhPVD are ok to use GWT *we
>> can consider rewriting FProxy using GWT components.
>> We can use GWT as a pool of components only.
>> -> Using Velocity for templating (if needed).
>> -> using jsp like pages
>>

> I'm not sure what you mean by "using JSP-like pages"? do you mean to
> imitate JSP-Behavior by utilizing Velocity? or to use VelocityStruts (
> https://velocity.apache.org/tools/devel/struts/) to support JSP pages?

Nope, a minimal standard application like jetty supports jsp pages.
Velocity can be use for site templating instead og GWT one.

> -> developping gwt components simply embeded into jsp pages (qwt with dual
>> mode js/non-js)
>>

> Is there anyway to avoid JavaScript when using GWT? If I'm not mistaken,
> the GWT compiler (or better said: translator) compiles Java to JavaScript (
> http://css.dzone.com/news/understanding-gwt-compiler). Are you going to
> another framework for non-JS support?
>
> Nope, je just have to extend GWT and override it if needed ... just
standard Object Coding :-)

>> ps: jsp pages are a good solution for designers (as wickets)
>>

> In deed! However there was a discussion last year regarding using JSP (
> http://www.mail-archive.com/devl@freenetproject.org/msg25805.html).
> Matthew was more or less against using JSP and Servlets, because of the
> extra features (and size!) which we don't need. That's why we moved to
> Velocity: simplicity, fast and small in size.

Yes .... i know. But we are working about accessibility :-) .... for
developpers too ! ;-)

   - Velocity for templating
   - html+jsp for site rendering
   - gwt+nonjs for components and components rendering

We can use struts+gwt components if you want, or other, struts is really
too complex in my opinion for fproxy.