On Thursday, October 15, 2015 06:33:15 PM Florent Daigniere wrote:
> Is "pretending that Opennet can work" still the official project's
> line?

What is it you request here?
A) Remove Opennet?
B) Keep Opennet but improve Darknet features? This could be things such as
finishing the code to establish connections to friends of friends.

If it is A:

Is pretending that average humans will know enough Freenet users to make pure
Darknet work a reasonable estimate?

Is it acceptable to limit freedom of speech to those who have many friends?
Users for sure won't accept modem speed in the age of upcoming GBit cellphone
networks.

Is it acceptable to limit freedom of speech to those who want perfect
security; instead of also providing it to those who accept medium security?

Isn't it enough that we allow people to disable Opennet if they don't want it?

Isn't "pretending that Opennet can work" already proven since it in fact does
work? I haven't heard of people get legally convicted thanks to Opennet
security issues.

If it is B:

Yes, it'd be nice to improve Darknet.
I think finishing the FOAF code would be a good idea, given that it is half-
finished already anyway.
However, I think we've spent too much time upon core work while neglecting
deployment (Debian packages) and client applications; so this should only be
done if a volunteer steps up to do it, not something which we can do with the
limited funds we have.