Software isn't like playdough, you can't take two different software
projects and just stick them together, and expect the result to make sense
(even if the projects have related goals).

In terms of the benefits of an alliance with Tor I'm afraid you're being
naive.  From Tor's perspective, an "alliance" with Freenet would make
absolutely no sense.  They'd essentially just be diverting developers,
users, and funding away from their own project.  Don't get me wrong,
they're  nice guys, but it would simply be irrational.

Tor and Freenet might be related at a high-level, but this whole idea that
separate software projects should all be glued together into one huge mass
of bloatware is very misguided.  It's the polar opposite of the Unix
philosophy <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_philosophy>.  I wish people
would stop suggesting it.  It wouldn't solve any problem and would be a
massive waste of time and resources.

Ian.