On Fri, 2017-02-24 at 18:40 +0100, Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
> Dan Roberts <ademan...@gmail.com> writes:
> > The website is fully static and should be fine with s3 + cloudflare.
>
> Do we actually need cloudflare for the hosting?

Cloudflare doesn't provide hosting.

>  Would it be simpler without cloudflare? (according to stackoverflow
> S3 should support SSL).

S3 doesn't support SSL with custom domains, for that you need to use
cloudfront... Which we will probably do if we pick S3 for hosting.

The real question is whether we want:
- github-pages + cloudflare (free, not SSL-all-the-way)
- S3 + cloudfront (paid for but affordable)

It's not just "hosting", it's also "who will take care of the DNS", "who
will run the CI", ... I will have a stab at putting a PoC together this
week-end.

You can already see "cloudflare+github at
http://javadoc.freenetproject.org/ "

Florent