On Wednesday, 13. May 2009 18:12:52 Robert Hailey wrote:
> On May 12, 2009, at 7:28 PM, Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 12. May 2009 21:36:30 Matthew Toseland wrote:

> >> be out in a few days), and hopefully Bloom filter sharing, a new
> >> feature
> >> enabling nodes to know what is in their peers' datastores, greatly
> >> improving performance, combined with some related security
> >> improvements.

> > Bloom filter sharing will enable nodes to know what is in their peers
> > datastores without impacting anonymity and should result in much
> > improved
> > performance and better security."

> Except that it's not true... bloom filter sharing is at a large cost
> to security & anonymity (as said in the roadmap).

Ouch! - if you're right I completely misunderstood the announcement, and its
last part should definitely be reworked.

I didn't check the validity of the statements but simply tried to make them
easier to understand.

Best wishes,
Arne

   - singing a part of the history of free software -
              http://infinite-hands.draketo.de