On Friday, 22. May 2009 23:38:35 Matthew Toseland wrote:
> Putting the messages only here is a bad idea. Some of these messages are
> IMPORTANT. What we need to do is: - show the summary on the Browse Freenet
> page and maybe others
> - reduce the number of messages by coalescing them and shifting them to the
> relevant pages: "You have 6 messages" with a link to the Friends page
> rather than one for each n2ntm, similar with bookmark updates.

I personally like having the messages at the top.

freind to friend messages are the major way to keep in contact with your
friends, and the friends are important, so their messages should be visible
instantly.

If a friend says "I've been compromised" every other user HAS TO see that on
the first page.

Best wishes,
Arne

   - singing a part of the history of free software -
              http://infinite-hands.draketo.de