Am Mittwoch, 31. August 2011, 13:25:35 schrieb Matthew Toseland:
> On Tuesday 30 Aug 2011 21:02:54 Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
> > what this means: if a SSK has a mean success rate of 0.16, then using
> > 0.25 as value makes sure that 95% of the possible cases don?t exhaust
> > the bandwidth. We then use only 64% of the bandwidth on average,
> > though. With 0.2, we?d get 68% of the possible distributions safe and
> > use 80% of bandwidth on average.
> Only if there are no clusters - a single requestor fetches a bunch of stuff
> that is all already there, rather than polling keys that usually aren't.
> IMHO there will be. For instance, when a new chat client is started up, a
> lot of what it does will be fetching existing messages rather than polling
> for new ones.

But these are in cache, so the routes will be very short. And SSKs with very
high HTL (18, 17, 16) have good success rates, so this code won?t affect them
much less than low-HTL SSKs (the unsuccessful ones). After HTL 15 or so, their
success rate drops massively - which is quite easy to explain: The content
mostly isn?t there.

Simply take the success-rate per HTL - as in the statistics window.

Best wishes,
Arne