On Thursday 10 March 2011 19:06:46 Michiel de Jong wrote:
> Still, since you're already distributing the web app, i don't see so much
> added advantage in separating the app from the data (which is what unhosted
> is all about). it makes sense to put javascript into freenet extension, but
> not so much putting it into unhosted web apps, i think?

I think it makes sense, if you define a common (safe) API for retrieving the
data. It would make it possible to integrate freenet-backed (censorship-
resistant) services in other websites which people can easily migrate from
site to site.

What would be even better: An API for the web-app, but also an API for
retrieving and synchronizing the raw data for alternate hosting solutions.
Then if a site goes down, the forst step would be to integrate the web-app on
another site using freenet as backend, and the second step would be to grab
the full dataset from freenet and setup a new backend server.

Freenet would then be the censorship resistant fallback.

Best wishes,
Arne