Hi,

This lays out the steps needed to migrate to our new infrastructure with the
new SSL certs. It is a short-term plan, but it should be compatible with moving
to gradle and signed jars for validation of downloads (instead of sha1 files).

If you find any problem in this plan, please say so — ideally with a suggested
fix!
If there’s something missing, please do likewise!

You can find a live-version of this plan on
https://titanpad.com/yKe1kGH902

Basics:

The new repo should be compatible with both plain file storage and retrieving
and verifying dependencies from maven via gradle. I suggest a maven structure,
but we won’t be able to push that to maven central without changing our package
to org.freenetproject — which would break all plugins and scripts and pull
requests (which I think it’s a no-go¹). Nextgens is preparing an S3 bucket at
mvn.freenetproject.org. We’ll start by uploading the binaries there, as
https://mvn.freenetproject.org/org/freenetproject/fred/<#>/fred-<#>.jar{,.sha1,.sig}

Our package stays freenet. We advertise the build number as version.

Tasks:

- release a new build to the new and the existing infrastructure:
  - adjusted paths in updater.sh, updater.cmd, sha1test.jar and fred.
  - adjusted release scripts to upload fred and plugin release files to the new
repo (and create the directories as needed).
  - adjusted gradle to allow publishing to the new repo (with full maven
metadata)
- adjust download paths on the website
- ... ?

paths:
https://mvn.freenetproject.org/org/freenetproject/fred/<#>/fred-<#>.jar{,.sha1,.sig}

¹: it took us more than one year to partially recover from the db4o purge. We
still have plugins which aren’t adjusted to working without db4o, so I don’t
think we’re currently in a position to do large refactoring with side-effects
like that.

Best wishes,
Arne
--