Hi,

I’ve been testing what is intended to be 1481 for a few days now, and I
experience frequent crashes. They both happen in a new install of 1480
which I let update with a testing update key and in my regular node.

I now have a full release setup working again, so I can release a new
version within 4 hours, but why does it crash?

I have limited time for investigation, so it would be great if one of
you could take it up and investigate. To reproduce:

1. Install 1480 on GNU/Linux:
   https://freenetproject.org/assets/jnlp/freenet.jnlp?1480
   or
   wget
'https://github.com/freenet/fred/releases/download/build01480/new_installer_offline_1480.jar'
 -O new_installer_offline.jar;
   java -jar new_installer_offline.jar;
2. in config -> Auto-update: change the update key to

USK@d-YFZF23aX4qr5DrC47br-2gXbFMNzRmyj3HzmBgLVo,vPPpvlWU8d2wWiG5-abHoimHk1VF5zNh7Nv3k3VMlKQ,AQACAAE/jar/1480
   Auto-update config:
http://127.0.0.1:8888/config/node.updater?fproxyAdvancedMode=1
3. wait some time to allow Freenet to update. You might have to restart
   for it to detect the new key.

Please try to see whether you also experience crashes! My session uptime
with 1481 is between 30 minutes and 2 hours.

If you can fix that, 1481 is good to go.
(I had hoped that this version would be the one to release)

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein