(testing update key at the end)
> On 2018-10-24 19:05, Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
>> Please give it some now hopefully truly final testing:
>>
>> https://github.com/freenet/fred/releases/tag/build01481
>>
>> Installers:
>> → *nix:
>> https://github.com/freenet/fred/releases/download/build01481/new_installer_offline_1481.jar
>> → Windows:
>> https://github.com/freenet/fred/releases/download/build01481/FreenetInstaller-1481.exe
>>
>> (add .sig for the PGP signature, the OSX installer will follow once
>>  mrsteveman1 has time).

The installers are updated, please test them again!

>> I’m sorry that this adds another week to the release date. I’m also
>> still waiting for confirmation by anonymous@6KMY4DVjZ… on FMS whether
>> the breakage reported was due to missing the jna files. If that’s
>> resolved, there are no more release blockers I know of.

anonymous@6KMY4DVjZ… answered that the problems were indeed due to
copying in the jar-file manually. When adding the libraries and and
modifying wrapper.conf so that the libs are on the classpath, the update
worked.

>> I plan to upload this true true real final release to a new testing key
>> the next days so we can do another full update cycle test (install 1480,
>> change the update key, watch freenet update to 1481 over Freenet,
>> celebrate). And then get this release truly fully done.

Here’s the update key for the TESTING release which you can add on
http://127.0.0.1:8888/config/node.updater?fproxyAdvancedMode=2

USK@dLxKiIFKlfhgdgkYNlHoGoSO~KWRYPTkdbWfznZyatg,OwghtrmoY5Mj~1pfUHbo308FHZyTVwXfEXNX5C2EKT8,AQACAAE/jar/1480
— ONLY FOR TESTING! REMOVE IT AFTERWARDS!

Does the Java webstart installer of 1480 work for you?

    https://freenetproject.org/assets/jnlp/freenet.jnlp?1480

for me it currently takes ages to download the actual installer from
github.

With ages I mean, it takes minutes to download (with no progress) and
then 5 more minutes until it shows the setup dialog. Something is broken
there … (this is with icedtea-web, note that Oracle has removed webstart
from Java 9, we’ll need to find out how to cope with that.

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein