Hi,

Freenet 1493 is almost in place. To move forward, we need three code
reviews:

- Randomize pitch black defense times.
  https://github.com/freenet/fred/pull/747

- Update default bookmarks: Replace inactive indexes, add Shoeshop, show
  active sites first.
  https://github.com/freenet/fred/pull/760

- Increase default bandwidth to 32KiB/s. This should improve performance
  for new nodes where UPnP does not give the speed.
  https://github.com/freenet/fred/pull/761

It would be great if you could have a look!

Also I’ll need to look into updating the wrapper for Linux, not just for
Windows (where the new version is required; Linux does not need it, but
having different versions would be calling for problems).

Already reviewed is

- Replace Pointer.SIZE with Native.POINTER_SIZE for JNA 5.x
  https://github.com/freenet/fred/pull/759

Thank you, Bombe!

Additional changes are:

- Very fast nodes have more peers to fix a conceptual mistake
- Java 17 support of the installer,
- more resilient noderef parsing for easier friend-to-friend connections,
- increased max datastore size (100GiB)
- increased default thread limit (1000)
- decreased default thread stack size for reduced memory usage (512KiB)

So all in all the new release should improve the new user experience and
increase resilience of the network.

Let’s get Freenet 1493 released!

Best wishes,
Arne

PS: To get an overview of the changes in the past years, see our NEWS file:
https://github.com/freenet/fred/blob/next/NEWS.md
--
Unpolitisch sein
heißt politisch sein,