I hadn't thought of that, I assumed it is, but that's actually a good
question...

While we're talking about good questions and the allocation of old resources,
what happens to the seemingly large number of bitcoins that were donated to
former-Freenet-now-Hyphanet?

Last time I heard of them, there was "plenty of" them
(https://www.mail-archive.com/devl@freenetproject.org/msg55173.html), which is
a bit vague, but looking at the former donation address
(https://www.blockchain.com/explorer/addresses/btc/1966U1pjj15tLxPXZ19U48c99EJDkdXeqb
 if I'm not mistaken -
https://www.mail-archive.com/devl@freenetproject.org/msg25689.html) this could
be in the order of a few hundreds?

Since the bulk of donations to this address was made before 2020 (or even
before 2015, really), I'm doubtful that they were intended for
former-Locutus-new-Freenet, which had its first commit apparently on Jul 16,
2021
(https://github.com/freenet/freenet-core/commit/c58ed0e86fa1a4f0389d85ded8c861ee6efa96c5).