sorry guys, i dont get it yet...
why not add the property to the default list of properties in the
XWikipreferences class, directly ?
i agree with you on the default value, but i dont see why it wouldnt be
possible to have upload_maxsize as one of the
properties which are readily accessible, when you edit the XWikiPreferences
object ?
If this would have to be coded in the xwiki Java source code, then maybe it
could be added to the next version :-) If its not too much work for you (i
dont think it is actually, and that s why i ask about it)

On 11/22/07, Vincent Massol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Nov 22, 2007, at 10:36 AM, jvivien.m2 jvivien.m2 wrote:
>
> 30 MB seems indeed a better choice.
> Will you add the property to the XWikiPreferences class ?
>

> This is done already.
>
> All the remains is to agree on a maxsize default value.
>
> -Vincent
>
> Because one of the problenms was that when you started xwiki with an empty
> database, and wanted to reload a backup of your wiki contents, you could not
> add the property to the class in the class editor - and that is the time
> when you need it the most, since you want to import the XAR of your wiki,
> which might easily be more than the max upload size (if users had uploaded a
> lot of attachments).
>
> On 11/22/07, Vincent Massol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Several users are saying that 10MB is too low a default value. I think
> > I agree with them. Now I can't think of a downside for increasing it
> > to a higher value. Is there any potential issue increasing it by
> > default to a higher value?
> >
> > What could be the a better value? That's a hard question but I'd say
> > 30MB should be fine.
> >
> > WDYT?
> >
> > Thanks
> > -Vincent

Jean-Vivien MAURICE
Elève Ingénieur Informatique et Gestion, Polytech'Montpellier (ISIM)
E-mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tél. : 0046 7 62 33 20 46
Skype : jean.vivien