Chathura Prabuddha wrote:
> To be honest this is my first time experience with open source community.
> But I'm confident that I can get familiarized with this project easily
> because I had done a similar sort of project using EJB3,Hibernate 3,Struts 2
> technologies and frameworks to create an online exam center.

Programming experience is not all that matters. In the past years really 
experienced students failed because they didn't communicate enough with 
the community and failed to understand that their project wasn't a 
standalone application, but a module that was supposed to be used inside 
an existing, larger framework, XWiki.

Also, programming for XWiki most of the times is easier than it seems, 
as all the hard technologies are used inside the framework and rarely 
needs to be touched, so although we do use servlets, struts, hibernate, 
plexus, restlets and other cool things, they are merely implementation 
details behind our API. The most important things you need to know is 
Velocity (which happens to be one of the most simple programming 
languages) and the XWiki API.

Don't read this as discouraging, on the contrary, I'm trying to get you 
familiarized with what it takes to be successful.

Good luck!
-- 
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/
_______________________________________________
devs mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/devs

Reply via email to