-1 to remove it.

** I don’t think we’re using that information much and its need is supposed
to go away once signed scripts is there

I will agree to remove it when signed scripts will be there.

** There’s no way to force pages requiring PR to add such an XObject and
thus it’s not done consistently

but it _could_ be done. If an application developer would like to do it,
they should be able to do it.

** We don’t even have a page listing all pages requiring PR and even if we
had one I’m not exactly what it would bring. I guess the idea was to make
it simpler to install/upgrade XWiki but we’ve fixed this already in the
Wiki Creation Wizard for example so the need is less now.

There are extensions that use it, like Admin Tools:

https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/application-admintools/blob/master/src/main/resources/Admin/CheckProgrammingRights.xml#L327

Thanks,
Anca