Hi,

If we retire it to contrib, then indeed, it needs its own jira project and
the existing opened issues (bugs/improvements/etc) need to be move there.

However, do keep in mind that we would still need to keep (or duplicate)
the issues that still apply to the current WYSIWYG (CK) editor, specially
on the improvements/new features side.

+1 to move.

Thanks,
Eduard