On 01/18/2017 12:05 PM, Anca Luca wrote:
> For the problems of Apache FOP, does anyone have any idea what libraries do
> other software use for this kind of functionality? (maybe there is a more
> cool lib that we haven't found out about)

There are commercial alternatives, but those are out of the question due
to the license.

There's the programmatic PDF generation option with PDFBox, but that
will require a MAJOR redesign of the export.

Then there's the option of building our own patched version of FOP with
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2469 included. It wouldn't be
the first time we use a patched library, and it seems to be the solution
with the least amount of work needed.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu