Hi Guillaume,

On 02/14/2018 02:19 PM, Guillaume Delhumeau wrote:
> Hi devs.
>
> This vote is about enabling notifications about "page" events (create,
> update, delete, comment) by default, for both notification menu and emails.
> I think it is important since watchlist is replaced by notifications in the
> next version. If the user does not enable it, then even if there is a
> bridge between the watchlist preferences and the notifications, she won't
> receive emails anymore.
>
> Moreover, it makes this feature more discoverable (for sure!).
>
> Here is my +1.

+1 too ; regarding notification emails, my best guess would be to enable
the «Daily Email» option.

Also, it would be nice to add a footer in the notifications emails with
a link to the notification center, in order to help the user manage its
subscription options if he wishes to disable or filter its notifications.

> Thanks,
>
> PS: my plan was initially to have it for 10.1RC1 and 9.11.3. Regarding the
> time-frame, I'm not sure we can do it for 10.1RC1. So either we do it for
> 10.1 final or 10.2RC1.

Thanks,
Clément