When I need to write code that I don't want to be seen as public API, I put
it in the internal package (that's the definition).

Now, if I have a lot of code that I want to keep internal, I create
sub-packages under that "internal" package.

Because sometimes, it doesn't make any sense to create dozens of empty
packages just to have an "internal" package at the deeper level that
actually have code.

Thanks

--
Guillaume Delhumeau (guillaume.delhum...@xwiki.com)