Actually there is another very important thing missing in that page:
we should also indicate explicitly the minimum version of the Servlet
API required by XWiki (currently 3.0.1).

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 10:30 AM Adel Atallah <adel.atal...@xwiki.com> wrote:

> Hi Vincent,
>
> +1
>
> Thanks,
> Adel
>
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 10:07 AM Marius Dumitru Florea
> <mariusdumitru.flo...@xwiki.com> wrote:
> >
> > +1
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Marius
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 11:04 AM Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi devs,
> > >
> > > We now have
> > > https://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/ServletContainerSupportStrategy/
> > > but it’s not precise enough.
> > >
> > > I’m proposing the following:
> > >
> > > * Mention the supported version cycle and mention that we support the
> > > latest version of the cycle.
> > > * For Tomcat, I propose to say we support Tomcat 8.x (which means Tomcat
> > > 8.5.34 as of today, see “latest” tag on https://hub.docker.com/_/tomcat/)

Actually from Tomcat point of view 8.0.x and 8.5.x are two different
cycles so it would be more clear to say we support 8.5.x.

--
Thomas Mortagne