> On 6 Dec 2018, at 12:49, Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> Stephane Lauriere was asking us to have admin rights for the chartjs contrib
> project so that he could do a release.
>
> Right now only the owner + global jira admins have admin rights.
>
> I’m proposing to change the current Administrator role for JIRA Contrib
> Projets from:
> * jira-administrators
>
> to:
>
> * jira-administrators
> * contrib-committers
> * xwiki-committers
>
> WDYT?

I now remember that we discussed this in the past.

One argument back then was that the owner should know when a release is about
to be done so that he can coordinate (with his own changes, his knowledge,
etc). But I don’t think that’s such a problem. I would still mention it as a
best practice to warn the others (on #xwiki for ex).

Another argument in favor is that currently contrib committers are allowed to
publish on maven so they should probably have the rights to do that on JIRA too.

Thanks
-Vincent