On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 6:13 PM Simon Urli <simon.u...@xwiki.com> wrote:

> Hi Caty,
>
> that's nice! I think it avoids the overwhelming of choosing what to
> download on the current page presenting standard pack + zip + xip + war
> + docker, etc.
>
> Now, I have some questions:
>
> 1. I don't understand the "OS" choice section: AFAIK except for the deb
> package we don't have any related package. It's for displaying those in
> case of debian / ubuntu is selected?

Indeed the OS selection makes a lot of sense for Debian based systems
where the deb packaging makes it's an obvious recommended package.
It's less obvious for other OSes, unless the plan is to make Docker
part of the OS list (in which case it would be better to name it
"System" probably).

> 2. Currently we display the major changes along with the version in the
> downloaded page: I don't see it anymore in your version. You plan to
> completely discard this info there?
>
> 3. I don't understand why there are arrows on the version: you plan to
> allow changing the LTS version? it wouldn't be the LTS anymore then, so
> a bit confusing, no?

I understood it as showing details like what you are talking about in
2 but maybe I'm wrong.

--
Thomas Mortagne