Knut

OK in the cold light of day it seems I was quite wrong about how I
understood the auto_server to work.  The tcp stuff is in fact a
distraction and apparently not related to auto_server at all - the h2
driver uses file locking to manage concurrent connections directly to
the db file.  So in fact what works is NOT to use tcp and to make sure
that each connecting client appends ;AUTO_SERVER=TRUE to the url.  tcp
will also work but then we are in fact using vanilla server mode.

So I have currently in dhis2 hibernate.properties
jdbc:h2:./database/newh2;AUTO_SERVER=TRUE.

And I can connect to the same database using the h2 client and through
openoffice using jdbc:h2:~/dhis2-live/database/newh2;AUTO_SERVER=TRUE

Try that.  It seems things are simpler than I initially imagined.  And
so we learn ....

Bob

BTW I just imported a 121M h2 database off a postgres sql dump.  Not
completely trouble free but but nearly.  There are a few
incompatibilities which prevented me from importing the report tables.