On 18 August 2011 11:29, Jason Pickering <jason.p.picker...@gmail.com>wrote:

> In Nigeria, we have two completely separate instance of Tomcat with
> two environment variables
>

> DHIS2_HOME="/var/lib/tomcat6/conf/dhis2_conf"
>
> DHIS2_HOME_NG="/var/lib/tomcat6/conf/dhis2_conf_ng"

If you are able to set DHIS2_HOME as part of the tomcat startup scripts you
don't need to define any environment variables, and then you don't need to
modify the .war files either.

Not sure how this is done on Windows if you also want the tomcat instances
to start automatically on Windows startup.

> The reason for the separate instances was really just to be able to
> allocate more CPU resources to a single Tomcat instance.
>

> You them modify /WEB-INF/lib/dhis-support-external-2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
>

> Open up "mc" (or some other tool which can manipulate inside of a jar file)
> and navigate within the JAR file to META-INF/dhis/beans.xml
>
> and modify DHIS2_HOME to DHIS2_HOME_NG and then exit mc. This instance
> will read from the DHIS2_HOME_NG environment.

 On Windows, two separate DHIS2 Live directories configured for different
> ports would seem to be a better solution. Then you do not need to worry
> about this hack.

Agree, using multiple live instances (with postgres) is probably the easiest
setup. Again you would like to be able to start these automatically on
reboot, but that should be possible.

Ola
-------