On 18 August 2011 13:20, Ime Asangansi <asanga...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for these answers.
>
> Please, is there a way one can put the hibernate.properties in the war file
> itself?
> This used to workout in 2.0 by just putting into WEB-INF/classes but now it
> just doesn't work
>
> I'm in a PaaS offering where I don't get access to the OS but just tomcat
> deploy. So, I'm unable to set the env variables.

Probably the best place to implement something would be as a context
parameter
(http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/context.html#Context_Parameters).

We could then fairly simply add yet another prioritized source of DHIS_HOME:
(i) check for context parameter called DHIS2_HOME; failing which
(ii) check for system property called dhis2.home; failing which
(III) check for env variable DHIS2_HOME.
(the final fallback on linux is to use /opt/dhis2)

The context should be configurable by the Paas provider.  Any
thoughts?  Should be a quick blueprint + some few lines of code +
testing.

Cheers
Bob

> Thanks