I agree.
What we are doing is having a placeholder org unit for the TEI, and then
registering the events against the actual org unit. Then the event reports
and aggregations work against the event org unit .

This makes it easy (possible!)  to look the TEI up as you will always know
the org unit (api TEI lookup requires know orgunit)