Thanks Bob and Dapo.

On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 3:50 PM, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolli...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Lars this seems like a good development to me.  I presume we will
> still be able to override with an external log4j config.  Sometimes
> its more convenient to rotate by time (eg month) than by size.

Yes definitely. I will remove the log4j.properties that is bundled with
DHIS 2, however you can of course include you own inside tomcat which
allows system admins to configure logging according to their preferences.
The new solution is aimed at providing a sensible out-of-the-box setup to
avoid running out of disk space, easily finding analytics table issues, etc.

> I presume all the exception dumps (ie not "real" logs) are going to
> end up in catalina which is fine.  We can work on catching them piece
> by piece.

No everything generated by DHIS 2 including exceptions go into the main
dhis.log file. We should of course aim at fixing the cause of these errors.

Lars