Halvdan,

Far-fetched it might be, but the fact is that all war versions from 2.18
and up have had only minor size fluctuations (<1mb) up to now - I've been
keeping a set & updating them regularly for the last 2 years. That 20mb+
change is clearly abnormal, in particular when you consider the smaller
size of 2.25 (which means the bloating of 2.24 cannot be a result of
additional libraries now added to the code bundle)

For now, I'm not deploying those bloated versions anywhere - better safe
than sorry and all that

Regards
calle

On 17 October 2016 at 19:00, Halvdan Hoem Grelland <halv...@dhis2.org>
wrote:

> The idea that this is caused by malicious code is a bit far fetched.
>
> An educated guess:
>
> All of our "bundled" apps are now developed outside of the core code
> repository. They are then pulled in at build time and bundled into the
> final distribution war-file.
>
> In practice this means that it's possible for a distribution built from
> the same code base but at different times to contain different (minor)
> versions of the bundles app(s). This would reflect in the file size of the
> final artifact (and the hashes would differ, of course).
>
> That said, 20 or so megs is a lot, so not sure exactly what's been going
> on there. Maybe someone from the frontend team (Mark, looking at you) could
> shed some light (or disprove my theory).
>
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 6:26 PM, Calle Hedberg <calle.hedb...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dan,
>>
>> Maybe - but then why is the 2.25 war file size much small again? It makes
>> no sense to introduce a new set of libraries at the same time as 2.25 is
>> releases WITHOUT the same libs.
>>
>> Let's hope somebody from the core team can throw some light on this when
>> they sober up ;-)
>>
>> Regards
>> Calle
>>
>> On 17 October 2016 at 18:24, Dan Cocos <dco...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> This is the commit where it increased in size
>>> https://github.com/dhis2/dhis2-core/commit/7f702badae3d701b8
>>> 64b0938c728f5993fb1ecd0
>>> 9d1eb33 is 136.4MB