Hi,
Thanks for the "report mode", I'll try that out.
Regarding my question re: user rights through the API, maybe I was
mistaken. Just to be sure: if I connect with a specific user using the API,
I should get exactly the same access as I get through the UI with the same
user, correct?

Martin

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 4:44 AM, Morten Olav Hansen <mor...@dhis2.org>
wrote:

>>    - *Return IDs of created items:* when we create a meta data (org
>>    unit, data element, etc), the API should return the newly created object
>> id
>>    (or ids if multiple ones). Failed to do so require us to make a second
>> call
>>    using a field to fetch the object back, this being a risky thing when
>>    fields are not always unique. Same thing when a batch process occurs,
>>    having something such "2 updated, 2 ignored" does not help me - I need to
>>    know which have been updated and which not so that my app can react
>>    accordingly.
>>

> Yes, this can be done using the new `importReportMode` in 225 (you
> probably want to set it to full)
>
> https://dhis2.github.io/dhis2-docs/master/en/developer/html/
> webapi_metadata_import.html
>

>>    - *Respect user rights management:* if I can only access some object
>>    using the app with a given user/password, I should have exactly the same
>>    rights throught the API - the way I access the app should not impact what
>>    can see/do
>>

> Not exactly sure what you mean here. Where do you see these issues?
>

>>    -
>>
>> Cf my previous mail, the additionnal point is to have a lot of thought
>> before altering the API in a backward incompatible change - this can break
>> a lot of software, and at minimum to document those closely.
>>
>> I'll be happy to discuss more on those topics, and to contribute any help
>> that can be useful.
>>
>> Martin

*Martin Van Aken - **Freelance Enthusiast Developer*

Mobile : +32 486 899 652

Follow me on Twitter : @martinvanaken <http://twitter.com/martinvanaken>
Call me on Skype : vanakenm
Hang out with me : mar...@joyouscoding.com