Hi all,

Yes I agree, "Equal counts" would be the standard term, if you want to
avoid "Quantiles" that is.

I would also advocate for making Equal Counts / Quantiles the default
classification method for thematic layers, since in most cases it results
in better classification than Equal Intervals.

bram
Population Services International (PSI)