Greetings, Alejandro Imass!

> Is it too crazy to take the core values of DIA and think about a
> collaborative and/or Web-based version?

You can't run web-based version locally on your system.
Not to mention, all the limitations of such a version.

> Lucidcharts is very rapidly spreading and there doesn't seem to be an open
> source of free software alternative. An Open Source collaborative diagraming
> tool that could also produce code (like dia2code) I think would be a way to
> revive this. If not a pure-web version, at least think about the way Apple
> Productivity tools have done it: native apps, that allow real-time
> collaboration AND also provides a Web component for people that are non-Mac
> users.

> For mainstream use, collaboration and the seamless integration with other
> widely used tools such as Attlasian Confluence is essential. The concept of
> stand-alone desktop tools is rapidly fading, at least IMHO.

If all YOU see around yourself is web apps, that doesn't mean everybody is.
My only daily web app is GitHub, the rest is local, standalone applications,
which are way more useful, than any web would-be-replacement could ever be.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...