This has happened several times.  When trying to move objects around GNOME/X
freezes.  The cursor still moves, the ruler still tracks the cursor, but I can
not make *any* window active.  No window is listening for mouse events.  Dia
still seems to have the keyboard because control keys still get responses, but
mouse clicks produce nothing.  Additionally, I can't make any other window
active.

I'll upgrade both my gnome and my dia.  I looked in the archives but didn't
see this bothering anyone else.

RHAT 6.2
Dia 0.85

I'm unsure what GNOME version I'm running, but will be upgrading from Helix to
XIMIAN Gnome 1.4 in a few minutes.

--
.tom