That it is more robust certainly is nice. However, the fact that
infrastructure development is robbed by a well marketed feature filled
(narrated below) *product* does not mean that it will solve anything.
Odd that the iPhone was brought up - it has had such good marketing that
people are buying it even in areas where the features don't work.

If that's not corporate success, I don't know what is. But we're not
talking about corporate success.... or are we? It seems to me that the
mission of education and the closing of the digital divide have
different goals when compared to corporate interests.

The proof will be in the pudding. I'd like to hear success in any way,
but I am fairly certain that the successes will mainly be seen in areas
that... already have the necessary infrastructure in place. And in the
long term, I have sincere doubts as to whether the OLPC will create
employment for people once they do become computer literate in the
context of the OLPC - or outside of the context.

Good technology, but I seriously question the use of it.

--
Taran Rampersad
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.knowprose.com
http://www.your2ndplace.com
http://www.opendepth.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knowprose/

"Criticize by Creating" - Michelangelo
"The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." -
Nikola Tesla